Sunday, August 17, 2008

Fire Alarm

I was busy watching anime when I suddenly heard an alarm. My first thought, it was the doorbell alarm but it's too loud for that. I looked at the alarm clearly then saw the word Fire. Then my mind went blank for a moment, is this a drill or what? I'm hoping someone would shout SUNOG!!! But there isn't ... so I can't confirm.

Then I checked if there's any smoke in my room... remove the plug of the laptop, turned off the dishwasher then grab a shawl .. grab my small bag (w/ the cam, cell, wallet) , grab my savings (hehehe .. of course). I'm having second thoughts of grabbing the laptop as well but it's kinda heavy thinking that if there's really a fire I need to run. I completely forgot my passport and completely forgot that it's cold outside and I should have wear a panjama at least.

I calmly went out of the room and saw some guest moving out quietly so I did the same... heheh ... The guy in the other room even went out with just a towel on his hips and the laptop on his hands.

Outside, there's no fire on sight. But there are 3 fire trucks ... Perhaps it's just a small fire but it's really great that the response are fast. Not like in the Philippines where a whole block would be on fire before the firemen come.

After around 25 minutes we all went back to our rooms ... We didn't even get any tsismis, what's the ruckus is all about. Para naman may mapagkwentuhan kami tom.

It is just now that I got nervous, thinking of the what ifs .... Oh well ... We're all safe and that's all that matters :) ... Whew!

0 comments:


Blogspot Template by Isnaini Dot Com