Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Frankenstein


I'm done reading Mary Shelly's Frankenstein (adaptation of the original story ~ film by Kenneth Branagh) and I happen to like it (I finish it in just 2 days).

I'm sure a lot of people already knows about the classical novel (so no need for a plot/summary) Dr. Victor Frankenstein creating a monster-like creature, hoping to cheat DEATH.

What I really like in this book is how the story unfolds ... how he searched for the knowledge to revive life .. the experiments (though I really don't fully understand them), the researchs ~ ALCHEMY ... I thought before that the doctor is a mad scientist but after I read the book it only shows that Dr. Frankenstein is a genius. As said in the reviews, the doctor is a dangerously sane one. I also like the way how the creature gains knowledge ... if only he was guided accordingly he could be a great being. Sadly, he burned himself ... too bad!

Victor groped for the knowledge on where does life come from? Thinking it's just a electronics waves or any fluid that could give life to certain being. I know Life is a divine gift from GOD. But I can't help to think what if in the future, scientist could actually create a "CREATURE" as such.... imagine, no souls! It's against our Christian belief (even if you aren't Christian-its immoral). Could it mean the end of the world? People trying to be GOD. I like the idea of alchemy but not the prospect of giving life to dead ones. It's scary ...

0 comments:


Blogspot Template by Isnaini Dot Com